Global Fatbike Day
December 3rd marks the celebration of Global Fatbike Day. We have a great selection of fatbikes to rent if you wish to participate in one of our city's fun festivities. Drop by to make a reservation.
Fat Bike Rentals
We've brought in a set of Rocky Mountain Blizzards for our new fatbike rental fleet!
With the option to rent for a day, two days, or even a week, you can enjoy winter in a whole new way. In addition, renting a fatbike is a great way to try out the ride before you buy.
Pop by the store for more information or to book a timeslot.
We're really proud to announce that we are now carrying Electra bikes!
In addition to being known for their beauty, these bikes are well-constructed and are thoughtfully designed.
Using their patented Flat Foot Technology, Electra has created a bike that allows riders to have more comfort and control out on the road.
To learn more about Electra, visit: www.electrabike.com. They even have a little section on how to choose your Electra! Pop by the store to learn more about these great bikes and to see some in person.
Clothing Sale 25-60% off!
New stock is on its way, and we just have to make room! We have a great selection of sales clothing such as men's and women's long and short sleeved jerseys.
We also have some triathlon sleeveless tops and even a few sale jackets and shorts!
Get 'em before they're gone!
Get Ready to Commute
Whether you are a student starting school in the fall, or just looking to save gas and get some exercise on your way to and from work, commuting can enrich your life in many ways.
1. It's nearly as fast as driving: For short commutes, when you factor in the time it takes to park and walk inside, commuting is often nearly as quick as driving.
2. It's good for your physical health: Aerobic activity four or more times a week can improve your health and allow to keep active as you age.
3. It's improves mental health: Exercise and a connection to the outdoors help improve seratonin levels and can be a great mood booster. This is especially important during our fall and winter months when we lose daylight.
4. It's saves money: Fueling your body and maintaining a bike is far cheaper than paying for gas, plates, insurance, and repairs.
We're here to help. Pop in and we can help get you set up to enjoy biking to work or school. We can even provide some tips about choosing a route that works for you!
Watching for Chain Wear
As the summer rolls on, you're likely getting the opportunity to put on a lot of kilometers. This activity helps make our waistlines shrink, but did you know that it also shrinks the waistline of your chain?
As bike chains rotate through the drivetrain, micro-abrasions wear away at the pins, and cause the chain to lengthen (or stretch). This action results in the chain contacting the teeth of the gears in a different spot than it is supposed to, and a wear pattern can form in the gears.
It's free to have us check your chain for wear. We use a small tool that measures the spacing of the links. If you're so inclined, we also sell these tools for you to have at home.
Replacing a chain before it wears out the drivetrain can save you money, but it can also save you the hassle of having a bike with skipping gears.
Pop by today to have your chain checked for free. It will give you the peace of mind to keep enjoying the ride!
Canada Day Holiday Hours
Happy Canada Day everyone! Because Canada Day falls on a Friday this year, we decided to give our staff an extra long weekend.
June 30th - 9AM - 8PM
July 1st - CLOSED
July 2nd - CLOSED
July 3rd - CLOSED
Summer's Almost Here!
We've been treated to a pretty awesome spring, and now we're into June and the temperatures continue to provide amazing bike weather..
Here are a few tips for getting your bike road ready:
1. Dust if off and give it a nice wash. Just be careful to avoid spraying any bearing areas.
2. Dry the chain off and lube the chain with bike lube such as Finishline.
3. Check the tires for wear, and pump them up to the recommended PSI which is found on the sidewall of the tire. Don't have a pump? Pop by our store.
4. Go for a little test ride to check the brakes and shifting. Examine the cables for fraying or wear.
5. Plan to get a tune-up. A full-tune includes shifting and brake adjustments, wheel truing (tightening of the spokes) and much more.
6. Get out and ride!.
Spring is a great time to get a tune-up, pop a new chain onto the bike, or even get some air in the tires.
Did you know we repair all makes and models of bicycles? It's true.
When you bring your bike into our repair centre, we'll give you a quote. If you decide to go ahead with the repairs, most of our service is completed the next day by 4PM (with Friday/Saturday repairs being returned Monday or Tuesday by 4PM). Plan to pop by, and we can take a look at your bike, and get you back on the road in no time!